The SMS Broadcast Service (SBS) is capable of sending SMS messages to a large number of mobile subscribers using high-throughput carrier messaging infrastructure. This guide provides step-by-step instructions for using the SBS Web UI to send messages, review status reports, view incoming messages, etc.. SBS can also be entirely administered via SFTP (SFTP Manual).
- Scheduled broadcasts and batch delivery of SMS messages
- Message content and send time adjustable for each message
- User configured time zones
- Customized messages using parameters
- User-defined message templates
- Throughput control (throttling)
- Inbound/user reply integration with MMS-Inc product suite
- Back-end system integration for automated broadcasts
- Graphical User Interface for manual broadcast and user interaction
- Full reporting options
How It Works
New SMS broadcasts are created by uploading a broadcast file through the SBS Web UI or via SFTP. The Web UI provides access to all configuration settings for manual broadcasts. SFTP is ideal for back-end integration and automated send processes. Regardless of method of upload, all broadcast files are processed by the SMS Broadcast Service and messages are scheduled for delivery based on file and UI settings. Files that are successfully processed will trigger an email notification when successfully sent. Files that are not formatted correctly will generate an error code to assist users (see Appendix B: Error Codes).